Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: My method to turn banana peel into quick release fertilizer  (Read 11875 times)

The Clam

• Trading Score: +20
Re: My method to turn banana peel into quick release fertilizer
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2016, 02:31:17 AM »

That's cool, what will you be working on?

FewTrueSeed

• Many Meiosis
  • Trading Score: +134
  • Fungophile
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2016, 04:45:55 PM »

I like to take nettles, bananna, and other fruit and blend them with sugar and some water. Let the mixture narurally ferment for several weeks, burping occasionally. Then strain out he liquid and add several tablesppos to a gallon. Works great for hydro too!
« Last Edit: December 03, 2016, 04:46:19 PM by FewTrueSeed »
Never portray yourself to betray yourself, there is no I in self.

https://mycotek.org/index.php?members/fewtrueseed.1965/

The Clam

« Reply #17 on: December 04, 2016, 10:14:34 AM »

I like to take nettles, bananna, and other fruit and blend them with sugar and some water. Let the mixture narurally ferment for several weeks, burping occasionally. Then strain out he liquid and add several tablesppos to a gallon. Works great for hydro too!

Hmm that's cool, are nettles high in NPK? Also, how do you prevent alcohols and acids from forming if you don't mind my asking?

FewTrueSeed

• Many Meiosis
  • Fungophile
« Reply #18 on: December 04, 2016, 02:36:55 PM »

I suppose i never thought about it. I think bacteria takes president over the yeast, or the bacteria breaks up the alcohol after the yeast is done its work. The longer the fermentation the better i would say. Some acids and yeasts are sure to be present as they are in most compost. Its as close to a natural composting as i can get indoors. I lost my worms :( . Been using this methosd for some years now without any issues. I would like to try it with hydro again. I might get a setup going 4 fun!!
« Last Edit: December 04, 2016, 02:38:52 PM by FewTrueSeed »

The Clam

« Reply #19 on: December 05, 2016, 12:07:49 AM »

I suppose i never thought about it. I think bacteria takes president over the yeast, or the bacteria breaks up the alcohol after the yeast is done its work. The longer the fermentation the better i would say. Some acids and yeasts are sure to be present as they are in most compost. Its as close to a natural composting as i can get indoors. I lost my worms :( . Been using this methosd for some years now without any issues. I would like to try it with hydro again. I might get a setup going 4 fun!!

Il have to try this sometime, also if you have time to experiment, you should try to add ground up egg shell and try to add a bubble to it. The oxygen will keep out anaerobic yeast and acid producing bacteria and sulfur producing bacteria and the egg shell with keep the pH neutral to high which will further keep out acid producing or sulfur producing bacteria.

Also finally, once my worm population gets going I could send you some if you want :) just PM me around February and il see how close I am to being able to do so.

FewTrueSeed

• Many Meiosis
  • Fungophile
« Reply #20 on: December 05, 2016, 12:18:28 AM »

Also finally, once my worm population gets going I could send you some if you want :) just PM me around February and il see how close I am to being able to do so.

I would love that!! As long as we can keep them warm in transit. Im going to try eggshells and a bubbler for aure!!

The Clam

« Reply #21 on: December 05, 2016, 02:13:56 AM »

Yeah, il be sure to figure something out to keep them warm. Cardboard shredding seems to work well as an insulator so il be sure to include some in the packaging.
Pages: 1 [2]