Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Academic - Research - Scientific Paper request  (Read 7832 times)

SoulGrower

• Trading Score: +151
Academic - Research - Scientific Paper request
« on: August 04, 2016, 05:47:41 PM »

Terribly frustrating being a civilian   ::)

This isn't a post to rant about how ridiculous it is that anyone can't access this knowledge...

Just a request for it!

Does anyone have access to pubs.acs.org?  Please PM me if you do and wouldn't mind getting a paper for me.

Thanks!

You don't have a soul
You are a soul
You have a body
C.S Lewis

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax
  • Trading Score: +191
  • We're all here because we're not all there.
Re: Academic - Research - Scientific Paper request
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2016, 06:24:23 PM »

What exactly is the name of said paper?

I have access to the site's archives b/c of my academic affiliations; just spit out the name and i'll see what I can do
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 06:25:31 PM by Mangrove »
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.--Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

LIBERTYNY

• Trading Score: +85
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 05:24:09 AM »

Not sure if it's at all possible but

http://www.actahort.org/books/1036/index.htm

ISHS Acta Horticulturae 1036
International Symposium on Papaver

Convener      R. Rajasekharan
Editor      A. Máthé
Publication
date      20 May 2014
ISBN      978-94-62610-23-1
ISSN      0567-7572 (print)   2406-6168 (electronic)
Number of articles      21
Volumes      1
Place      Lucknow, India
Online articles:
   ASSESSMENT OF GENETIC VARIABILITY BASED ON MORPHO-METRIC TRAITS IN GERMPLASM ACCESSIONS OF PAPAVER SOMNIFERUM L. (DH. Saikia, A.K. Gupta)
   ASSESSMENT OF GENETIC RELATEDNESS AMONG SELECTED CULTIVARS OF OPIUM POPPY (PAPAVER SOMNIFERUM L.) THROUGH DNA PROFILING (M.P. Darokar, S.S. Dhawan, A.K. Shukla, S.T. Thul, R.K. Lal, A.K. Shasany, S.P.S. Khanuja)
   IMPACT OF PROMISING GENOTYPES OF PAPAVER SOMNIFERUM L. DEVELOPED FOR BENEFICIAL USES (M. Singh, N. Chaturvedi, A.K. Shasany , A.K. Shukla)
   GENETIC COMBINING ABILITY ESTIMATES FOR INHERITANCE OF ECONOMIC TRAITS IN OPIUM POPPY (PAPAVER SOMNIFERUM L.) (B. Kumar, V.R. Singh, G. Ram , H.P. Singh)
   COMBINING ABILITY ANALYSIS THROUGH LINE × TESTER ANALYSIS IN OPIUM POPPY (PAPAVER SOMNIFERUM L.) (H.O. Misra, R.K. Lal, R. Chandra, S. Sarkar , S. Singh)
   RELATIONSHIP OF DOWNY MILDEW RESISTANCE WITH MARKER AND YIELD RELATED TRAITS HELPFUL FOR ACHIEVING RELIABLE SELECTION CRITERIA IN OPIUM POPPY (PAPAVER SOMNIFERUM L.) (M.K. Dubey, S.K. Singh, O.P. Dhawan)
   INHERITANCE PATTERN AND CONSERVATIVE GENETICS STUDY TOOL: DESCRIPTORS ON OPIUM POPPY (PAPAVER SOMNIFERUM L.) (R.K. Lal, S. Sarkar, S. Singh, P. Gupta, M. Zaim)
   CHARACTER ASSOCIATIONSHIP AND ROLE OF VARIOUS TRAITS IN DETERMINING THE NUMBER OF STIGMATIC RAYS ON THE CAPSULES OF DIFFERENT GENOTYPES OF PAPAVER SOMNIFERUM L. (A.K. Gupta, R.K. Lal , O.P. Dhawan)
   THE SAGA OF OPIUM POPPY: JOURNEY FROM TRADITIONAL MEDICINE TO MODERN DRUGS AND NUTRACEUTICALS (S. Luqman)
   BREEDING ASPECTS OF POPPY IN SLOVAKIA (J. Fejér)
   POPPY (PAPAVER SOMNIFERUM L.) AS A SPECIAL CROP IN THE SLOVAKIAN HISTORY AND CULTURE (J. Fejér , I. Salamon)
   PRODUCTION AND TRADE RELATED ISSUES OF OPIUM POPPY CULTIVATION WITH SPECIAL REFERENCE TO BARABANKI DISTRICT, UTTAR PRADESH, INDIA (A. Krishna, V. Kumar, R.P. Yadav)
   POPPY CULTIVATION AND ITS LEGALIZATION BY THE GOVERNMENTAL LAW IN SLOVAKIA (J. Fejér, I. Salamon)
   DISEASE INCIDENCE AND ITS MANAGEMENT ON OPIUM POPPY: A GLOBAL PERSPECTIVE (M. Alam, A. Samad, A. Khaliq, P.V. Ajayakumar, O.P. Dhawan, H.N. Singh)
   IDENTIFICATION AND CHARACTERIZATION OF A POTYVIRUS ASSOCIATED WITH SEVERE MOSAIC DISEASE OF OPIUM POPPY (PAPAVER SOMNIFERUM L.) IN INDIA (M. Zaim, J. Joseph, R.K. Lal)
   STUDIES ON EFFECT OF POPPY MOSAIC VIRUS INFECTION ON POPPY PRODUCE AND SOME SECONDARY METABOLITES (M. Zaim, R.K. Lal, R.K. Verma , R. Pandey)
   A PRELIMINARY SURVEY OF FUNGI ON OPIUM POPPY IN SLOVAKIA (M. Pastirčák, J. Fejér)
   EFFECT OF GENOTYPE, ENVIRONMENT AND THEIR INTERACTION ON SEED AND OPIUM YIELD IN OPIUM POPPY (PAPAVER SOMNIFERUM L.) AND COMPARISON OF DIFFERENT STABILITY MODELS FOR GEI (B.K. Mishra, A. Rastogi, N. Verma, S. Shukla, B. Prasad, D. Parmar , N.C. Parmar)
   EFFECT OF MOISTURE REGIMES AND FIELD PRACTICES ON GERMINATION AND ESTABLISHMENT OF OPIUM POPPY (PAPAVER SOMNIFERUM L.) (S. Singh, A.K. Singh , B. Kumar)
   SCIENTIFIC BASIS OF THERAPEUTIC USES OF OPIUM POPPY (PAPAVER SOMNIFERUM) IN AYURVEDA (D. Mani , S.S. Dhawan)
   AGRO-TECHNOLOGY OF THE POPPY: LARGE-SCALE CULTIVATION IN SLOVAKIA (J. Fejér, I. Salamon)

Thanks any way
III%

The Seedist

• Trading Score: +35
  • A bookworm
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2016, 11:00:03 AM »

Thanks any way
I would be glad to get all from that list too. Is this possible now?
Faith as small as a mustard seed can move mountains.

LIBERTYNY

• Trading Score: +85
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2016, 11:42:51 PM »

Im not a moderator   but I would say by PM is ok

Either way if you can dig up my request(s) Ill send you my email adress to insulate it from the site 
III%

modern

• Trading Score: +199
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2016, 03:07:17 AM »

ISHS Acta Horticulturae 1036
International Symposium on Papaver

http://www.thenook.org/forum/index.php?showtopic=57432&p=974658

For those interested I uploaded them at the nook but if you don't want to make an account 9 out of 21 articles are available on researchgate for download and you can request the others.
Best time to sow is 5 years ago...

Ian Morris

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +52
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2016, 04:04:09 AM »

PMs people and I think these should ultimately go to our offshore offline library...
-Ian

modern

• Trading Score: +199
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2016, 01:26:16 PM »

These are not copyright restricted per se as they are available for free download on a legitimate research site (researchgate) by the authors (I assume).
Best time to sow is 5 years ago...

The Seedist

• A bookworm
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2016, 08:59:41 PM »

Anyone who have full collection of articles listed above please upload them all in one zipped folder on https://www.sendspace.com/ and let us know the link to download that bunch. Now it's simple and best way to share of them.

cloud

• Trading Score: +16
« Reply #9 on: September 16, 2016, 10:38:01 AM »

For those that are interested in articles that are physically not available online (usually older articles), I'd be willing to use our inter-library loans facility to retrieve the paper. If a hardcopy is available, I'm also happy to scan it.

The Seedist

• A bookworm
« Reply #10 on: October 05, 2016, 08:34:21 PM »

cloud please make me happy getting to cloud nine, there is some work for you to provide us of Manton Hirst's 'Root, Dream & Myth: The Use of the Oneirogenic Plant Silene capensis Among the Xhosa of South Africa' published in Eleusis: Journal of Psychoactive Plants & Compounds, Vol. 4 2000 and this one http://www.academia.edu/2501386/_A_review_of_plants_used_in_divination_in_Southern_Africa_and_their_psychoactive_effects._2008_._South_African_Humanities._20_333_351

Thanks for link http://www.sahumanities.org/ojs/index.php/SAH/article/viewFile/247/208 PL
« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 12:42:45 PM by The Seedist »

cloud

• Trading Score: +16
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2016, 09:53:30 PM »

cloud please make me happy getting to cloud nine, there is some work for you to provide us of Manton Hirst's 'Root, Dream & Myth: The Use of the Oneirogenic Plant Silene capensis Among the Xhosa of South Africa' published in Eleusis: Journal of Psychoactive Plants & Compounds, Vol. 4 2000

Here you go, available for download via this link. Excuse the odd formatting of the article/text. Was sent the article as a .doc file and converted it to .pdf. All the text is there.

Article:

Hirst, M., 2000. Root, dream and myth. The use of the oneirogenic plant Silene capensis among the Xhosa of South Africa. Eleusis: Journal of Psychoactive Plants and Compounds, 4, pp.119-50.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 10:00:26 PM by cloud »

The Seedist

• A bookworm
« Reply #12 on: October 19, 2016, 06:26:30 PM »

Thank you a lot cloud.