Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: propagator  (Read 3216 times)

danzick

• Trading Score: +238
  • So many seeds, so little time.
propagator
« on: July 19, 2016, 06:50:48 AM »

Over the years I've used all kinds of repurposed items for humidity domes on my seeds and cuttings.  Two-liter bottles, deli/take-out containers, and cake domes are on that list.  I've also used those cheap and flimsy seed starter domed trays from the big box stores.  Those are lucky to survive one use, and are no good for cuttings (not tall enough).

So, I decided to break down and treat myself to a nice propagator.  I found this one on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01BU3FIP2/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1468902928&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_QL65&keywords=propagator

It is made in England and very heavy duty.  I don't often endorse products, but I like this thing so much, I may buy another. 

LIBERTYNY

• Trading Score: +85
Re: propagator
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2016, 04:00:58 PM »

those are cool ,

Another member has something very similar but with extra spacers to make the unit taller, and I think a light built into the top to.

Im to cheap to buy something like that thow, I usually wind up useing a storage tote, or for the larger stuff greenhouse plastic panels connected with packing tape.
III%

SoulGrower

• Trading Score: +151
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2016, 10:25:26 PM »

I had been looking at those and was really on the fence.  I didn't want to end up with something flimsy like the seed starter trays you get at the big box stores.  Glad to hear these are more heavy duty.

Thanks for the feedback!  ;)
You don't have a soul
You are a soul
You have a body
C.S Lewis

danzick

• Trading Score: +238
  • So many seeds, so little time.
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2016, 06:00:24 AM »

I hear you LibertyNY.  I'm usually cheap when it comes to gardening supplies, but I decided to treat myself for a change.  I'm glad I did.   :)

@SoulGrower
If you decide to buy one you won't be disappointed.  Buy through Amazon and bundle with something to get the free shipping.   ;)