Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Kratom and Psychotria Viridis propagation from hardwood cuttings  (Read 3269 times)

Drgonzo412

• Follow The Plants

Hey everyone, I was surprised this morning by a good friend of mine, she was managing the 20 acre nursery that she works on and told me that she had to trim the 6+ year old Mitragyna Speciosa tree on the property, as well as the Psychotria Viridis.

So I ended up getting a bunch of free cuttings, mostly hardwood, im working on getting them to root now, Im not sure if this is the right section of the forum to post this, but was hoping for some advice on how to root large hardwood cuttings.

Heres some pictures of some of the cuttings

Sorry for the quality of the pics Im using my phone camera, Ill get some better pictures tomorrow
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 04:39:43 AM by Drgonzo412 »

Psylocke

• Curandero
  • Trading Score: +56
  • Howdy Y'all
Re: Kratom and Psychotria Viridis propagation from hardwood cuttings
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 04:26:59 AM »

Kratom is usually propagated by softwood cuttings. I think they would be much easier to root if you cut them back to the green part of the stem where there is fresh growth.
Undergoing the formality of being alive.

Drgonzo412

• Follow The Plants
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 04:34:13 AM »

Would it still be possible to get the Kratom to root from hardwood though? What would doing such a thing call for?

Im doing as much research as I can on the subject but would also like some personal opinions from members on the forum here

Bach

• Chacruna whisperer
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +406
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 10:55:13 PM »

In my experience Pv has a poor strike rate with stem cuttings, whether green or hardwood. Give it a go but save those leaves and propagate from them. You'll have a forest in no time. (Well maybe a coupla years...)
Forget the night, live with us in forests of azure.