Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!! [effect of drug metabolite rich urine on Cacti]  (Read 24483 times)

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax
  • Trading Score: +191
  • We're all here because we're not all there.

Just counted them:

14 pups on 11 moms so far

I love 'em!

GodSPEED, Radium!
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.--Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Radium

• Trading Score: +2
  • When I die, plz compost me :)

Thanks bud!

The pups are also growing really fast, I'm mean really really fast.
Will post pics tomorrow for comparison of growth in these few days.

Everyday I wake up excitedly and look for new pups.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 11:59:07 PM by Radium »
Believers in God, cannot forbid any of God's creations, including plants, for that's utter blasphemy.

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax

Thanks bud!

Interesting! Do you pee on all your cacti each and every day? I would suggest having 1 control group receiving an equivalent amount of water instead of urine, and 1 control group receiving no water. I would like to see if Pissing on cacti could indeed accelerate the growth rate of cacti! Unfortunately, it may take a year or so for such a trial to yield results, but I would love to see how things turn out!
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.--Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Frog Pajamas

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +576
  • Zone 7A

GodSPEED, Radium!

Tried to get it to start at 30 seconds, to no avail...

« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 01:26:01 PM by Frog Pajamas »

Radium

Thanks bud!

Interesting! Do you pee on all your cacti each and every day? I would suggest having 1 control group receiving an equivalent amount of water instead of urine, and 1 control group receiving no water. I would like to see if Pissing on cacti could indeed accelerate the growth rate of cacti! Unfortunately, it may take a year or so for such a trial to yield results, but I would love to see how things turn out!
I was just too excited when I said that.
Once I cooled down I remembered the only pup I had last year, which grew real fast at first, but stalled as it grew larger.
The reality is that as the pups age the growth rate remains constant (if not increased...),
but the daily relative volume increase is greater and more noticeable at the first month or so.

I would like to know if a growing mom with pups is still able to maintain the annual 30cm growth for her (and also for each of her pups).
And if so, how many pups does it take to begin to break it?

Unfortunately all my plants are pissed on,
And I'm sure they will eventually grow pups to the last one(all 30 of 'em)

I wished there was at least 2-3 plants which I didn't pissed on.

And no, I don't piss 'em daily, since I don't dilute it at all.

Anyway,
In piss I trust
Believers in God, cannot forbid any of God's creations, including plants, for that's utter blasphemy.

Radium

Today's pictures of all 14 pups

Radium

The rest  8)

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax

GodSPEED, Radium!

Tried to get it to start at 30 seconds, to no avail...

This is EXACTLY what I meant by godSPEED.

Radium, if you ever get the urge to consume any of your urinals cacti, how would you ensure that the years of continual toxin/urine buildup wont kill you, and how could you stomach something you've been pissing on for its entire life? I'm not a doctor yet, but I don't think that a cactus which has been pissed on for its entire life would be safe to consume.

Radium

Consume cactus?
How?
For building facial masks?
Or staying alive in case of a famine?

Anyway, I'm not much into phytochemistry, but I'm sure miss Spiny will change the toxins to inert stuff (at least relative to her own cells)

And if I ever build a cactus facial mask, I will notify here before applying it,
Then you'll know if I die or not  ;D
« Last Edit: May 27, 2016, 06:00:38 PM by Radium »

Radium

Soaked the pup-less gals with the golden water again, head to toe.

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax

Soaked the pup-less gals with the golden water again, head to toe.
Thanks bud!

I was just too excited when I said that.
Once I cooled down I remembered the only pup I had last year, which grew real fast at first, but stalled as it grew larger.
The reality is that as the pups age the growth rate remains constant (if not increased...),
but the daily relative volume increase is greater and more noticeable at the first month or so.

I would like to know if a growing mom with pups is still able to maintain the annual 30cm growth for her (and also for each of her pups).
And if so, how many pups does it take to begin to break it?

Unfortunately all my plants are pissed on,
And I'm sure they will eventually grow pups to the last one(all 30 of 'em)

I wished there was at least 2-3 plants which I didn't pissed on.

And no, I don't piss 'em daily, since I don't dilute it at all.

There's always time to designate control groups (1 w/no watering, 1 with reg water, 1 group pissed on, equal numbers in each group and see how rate of pupping differs) and just see what happens. That's just how science rolls.

Also, more pups isn't always a good thing, as has been discussed before. The mother plant feeds the pup until it is physically separated from it; thus, the size of the mother plant is proportional to the size & quantity (carrying capacity) of pups, any more exceeding the carrying capacity will only lead to over-expenditure of resources and will stress the plant even further. That being said, Trich cuttings, IMO, seem to have a pretty good success rate if taken at a point when they are >13cm long; by doing this, the mother logs, like hens, can conserve more energy to make even more pups to slice off... I am very curious to see if peeing on trichs can have a postitive impact on them.

Radium

Just took some new shots for tracking the growth speed.
Got 1 new pup today as well, pictured without the USB stick.

I'm not sure, but I feel the pups are growing way faster than normal.
Nonetheless, so far the golden fluid has had no toxic effects on my spiny buddies, so I will continue.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2016, 03:53:45 AM by Radium »

GrowerAndaShower

• Trading Score: +31
Re: I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!! [effect of drug metabolite rich urine on Cacti]
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2016, 03:51:29 PM »

Any updates Radium? Did your cacti continue to pup/grow with your Ritalin piss?
Back with a vengeance! And TITS!

mj

• Trading Score: +54
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2016, 07:51:14 PM »

Any updates Radium? Did your cacti continue to pup/grow with your Ritalin piss?

Radium has not been active for several months. I was wondering about the trace mineral content of urine. Perhaps treating your plants to a vitamin tablet which also contains trace minerals every once and a while would be a good thing? Perhaps it is not the dog that decides to mark the tree but the tree which chemically calls out to the dog to come and make its mark. Perhaps it is the plant looking for the chemical bounty that the dog can bring?
   Things are a bit crazy in his part of the world I hope all is well there.

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2016, 08:19:51 PM »

Given current prices of nuts that seems to be a perfect waste of money where nutes are available.

Youd be substituting a cheapo product with little or no requirements to be met with a higher price human consumption approved ($$$) product that btw is designed for humans not plants (plant nutes are designed for plants).

So I'd rather advise on getting a good all purpose fertilizer and if you want to get fancy you can buy individual nutrients to counter acute deficiency or pit together your own desired ratio for a given plants.

Stay away from your plants with pharma, if it does any good its highly likely its already being supplied for plants, thus cheaper and purpose made. Otherwise you might risk consuming various meds with any plant product, or even worse consume a metabolite of the meds that is unknown to you or anyone.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2016, 08:45:20 PM by BubbleCat »
Praise is mandatory.
Pages: 1 [2] 3