Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3

Author Topic: I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS!! [effect of drug metabolite rich urine on Cacti]  (Read 24522 times)

Radium

• Trading Score: +2
  • When I die, plz compost me :)

Still I can't believe it!

Last year these Cactis were fed LOTS of straight urine (not diluted), and it was clear of any drug metabolites.
But no such effect was observed.

This year however, the same Cactis were fed the same urine, only once up to now, but the urine was containing Ritalin metabolites.
And the effect was several pups shooting everywhere.
And everyday there's more of them!!
Looks like Radium's urine have become magical.
Want some bottles?  8)

Each photo is of a different pot,
And all the mother stems are small and pretty young.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 10:05:09 PM by Radium »
Believers in God, cannot forbid any of God's creations, including plants, for that's utter blasphemy.

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax
  • Trading Score: +191
  • We're all here because we're not all there.

Radium Radium Radium.... your anal antics never seas to amaize me... How long have you been taking ritalin for at the time of noticing results? How long & how often were you pissing on your cacti before you started taking ritalin, and how long after pissing on cacti w/ritalin urine did you notice results? I would also like to know how often you take ritalin (amongst ALL OTHER psychoactive substances you ingest on a regular basis--something tells me this isn't the only trick up your sleeve.), what daily dose of ritalin, among other substances, do you currently take (in mg, that is, if you do indeed take it daily), how long how you have been watering your trichos with this drug-rich-piss for, and if you could post for us some before ritalin and after ritalin pics for evidence that it works. P.S. if ritalin was only occasionally used or if trichs were raised under differing physical conditions, these results would be invalid.

Also, I'm curious to know how watering cacti with acidic liquids could alter their biochemistry/growth rate/pup rate/ etc. compared to how most human beings water our cacti (rain & waste-water from our AC drips). Another thing is that I am wondering why you are assuming ritalin, and not time nor lighting nor act of fate/santajesusgod nor some other drug/hormone has been causing this up-tick in pups. Again, we cannot be entirely certain about this unless MORE of us get put on daily doses of ritalin and/or other cocaine derivatives (perhaps daily coca leaf/tea consumption to compete w/ritalin group) and ABSTAIN from ingesting other drugs (e.g. cannabis, amphetamine, 2C-X, LS-X, modafinil, 'molly', Benzos, DMT, B-vitamins, GHB, keratin, etc.) while we continuously (or at least once daily) urinate all over our freshly-potted/rooted trich log cuttings (not tip) and do so until they start pupping, at which point the quantity, color, growth rate and shape of said pups will be collected and organized and analyzed in order to ensure that ritalin and its many metabolites alone are indeed effective at promoting pupping/pup growth of said cacti. Natually, we should also compare this against cacti log cuttings which are NOT peed on once per day (or at the very least given distilled water), have Frog run some stats for us, and see how great this potential difference really is (or if it even exists).

Logically, I'd assert that a larger sample size is in order, perhaps with more members taking different kinds of drugs on a regular basis peeing on fresh cacti cuttings just to see which drug metabolites are the best for promoting the highest average rate of pupping possible with respect to time from planting/rooting till pupping. Unfortunately, I do not take methylphenidate on a regular basis, so, unless I can swindle my shrink into getting me back onto that disgusting drug, idk if I could be of much service in testing this hypothesis...

HOWEVER...

I do take modafinil on a daily basis, and, when it so happens I may chance upon a stem cutting of a tricho, I too will start urinating on it on a regular basis (after it roots and possibility of rot is minimal) just to see if this stimulant-enriched-urine hypothesis of yours proves true; I encourage as many other stimulant-taking members who are as willing/crazy as us scientists are to join in on the fun and start feeding un-pupped cacti stimulant-enriched urine. I have a funky feeling we could be on the verge of a new era of plant-piss science; perhaps peeing on plants with psychostimulant-enriched urine is the fertilizer/growth hormone of the future...

Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.--Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

Sunshine

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +96
  • Hibernating

Careful guys. As per the rules discussion of consumption of scheduled compounds is illegal, save historical accounts. (This includes legally perscribed medications)

Besides that, this could encourage people to either use their meds on their plants or use someone elses.

TBM

• The Botanical Madman
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +75
  • Onward to the new

This thread is walking a fine line along our rules, frankly a bit too close if you ask me. It's an intriguing idea to think about, did the metabolites cause the growth? Maybe, but like Mangrove said there are many variables unaccounted for. I do not believe more testing on this idea should be encouraged. Even if it's a prescription from a doctor, there may be other unwanted side effects that the plant may experience from receiving metabolites of Ritalin. If humans can get unwanted side effects from prescriptions their doctor gave them, perhaps so too could plants from Rx metabolites.

Frog Pajamas

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +576
  • Zone 7A

I suspect the cacti were just ready to pup, pee and metabolites aside.

Radium

Careful guys. As per the rules discussion of consumption of scheduled compounds is illegal, save historical accounts. (This includes legally perscribed medications)

Besides that, this could encourage people to either use their meds on their plants or use someone elses.
I'm really sorry,
I thought legally prescribed meds are OK to discuss.
Will never repeat this mistake.
I was just so excited
Sorry guys
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 09:36:30 PM by Radium »
Believers in God, cannot forbid any of God's creations, including plants, for that's utter blasphemy.

Radium

I suspect the cacti were just ready to pup, pee and metabolites aside.
There are 30 Peruvian Torch pots, from 3-4 vendors, most of them cut from different mother plants.
They were cut and rooted last year, and none are taller than 20cm and thicker than 5cm yet.
And they are just resuming growth after a harsh winter which killed one of them and weakened (shrank and slightly yellowed) the rest of the party.

The interesting thing is ALL of them are shooting pups (honestly, it happened to 7-8 of them yet, but everyday someone new shows up a pup, and I'm sure all of them will eventually reveal their cute cuddly pups to Radium over the next week)

Interesting stuff:
None of the San Pedros are growing pups (their pot material, watering, light, soil, and urine are identical to Torches')

Aside from this topic, I've become very curious about this:
The result of feeding various chems to various plants, and observing their metabolites.
Yeah yeah I know, it's partly predictable based on the plant's biosynthesis routes.
But plants are famous for surprising the researchers.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 10:04:23 PM by Radium »

TBM

• The Botanical Madman
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +75
  • Onward to the new

Just remember to be sure to only post things that are within the Rules of this forum, you may also want to review the FAQ. :P

Radium

Radium Radium Radium.... your anal antics never seas to amaize me... How long have you been taking ritalin for at the time of noticing results? How long & how often were you pissing on your cacti before you started taking ritalin, and how long after pissing on cacti w/ritalin urine did you notice results? I would also like to know how often you take ritalin (amongst ALL OTHER psychoactive substances you ingest on a regular basis--something tells me this isn't the only trick up your sleeve.), what daily dose of ritalin, among other substances, do you currently take (in mg, that is, if you do indeed take it daily), how long how you have been watering your trichos with this drug-rich-piss for, and if you could post for us some before ritalin and after ritalin pics for evidence that it works. P.S. if ritalin was only occasionally used or if trichs were raised under differing physical conditions, these results would be invalid.

Also, I'm curious to know how watering cacti with acidic liquids could alter their biochemistry/growth rate/pup rate/ etc. compared to how most human beings water our cacti (rain & waste-water from our AC drips). Another thing is that I am wondering why you are assuming ritalin, and not time nor lighting nor act of fate/santajesusgod nor some other drug/hormone has been causing this up-tick in pups. Again, we cannot be entirely certain about this unless MORE of us get put on daily doses of ritalin and/or other cocaine derivatives (perhaps daily coca leaf/tea consumption to compete w/ritalin group) and ABSTAIN from ingesting other drugs (e.g. cannabis, amphetamine, 2C-X, LS-X, modafinil, 'molly', Benzos, DMT, B-vitamins, GHB, keratin, etc.) while we continuously (or at least once daily) urinate all over our freshly-potted/rooted trich log cuttings (not tip) and do so until they start pupping, at which point the quantity, color, growth rate and shape of said pups will be collected and organized and analyzed in order to ensure that ritalin and its many metabolites alone are indeed effective at promoting pupping/pup growth of said cacti. Natually, we should also compare this against cacti log cuttings which are NOT peed on once per day (or at the very least given distilled water), have Frog run some stats for us, and see how great this potential difference really is (or if it even exists).

Logically, I'd assert that a larger sample size is in order, perhaps with more members taking different kinds of drugs on a regular basis peeing on fresh cacti cuttings just to see which drug metabolites are the best for promoting the highest average rate of pupping possible with respect to time from planting/rooting till pupping. Unfortunately, I do not take methylphenidate on a regular basis, so, unless I can swindle my shrink into getting me back onto that disgusting drug, idk if I could be of much service in testing this hypothesis...

HOWEVER...

I do take modafinil on a daily basis, and, when it so happens I may chance upon a stem cutting of a tricho, I too will start urinating on it on a regular basis (after it roots and possibility of rot is minimal) just to see if this stimulant-enriched-urine hypothesis of yours proves true; I encourage as many other stimulant-taking members who are as willing/crazy as us scientists are to join in on the fun and start feeding un-pupped cacti stimulant-enriched urine. I have a funky feeling we could be on the verge of a new era of plant-piss science; perhaps peeing on plants with psychostimulant-enriched urine is the fertilizer/growth hormone of the future...

Mangrove,
You point to sound points (or what you point to sounds sound hehe)
But even a series of gross experiments will reveal us some truth.

Before I tell more, let me refer you to here for the chemical structure of methylphenidate and it's relationship with other drugs (it's not cousins with cocaine at all, but actually a meth sidekick sporting a mullet and wide-sleeved jeans):
http://sharetheseeds.me/forum/index.php?topic=3857.0

About volunteer user experiments (I am not recommending it in any way, just explaining my thoughts on the results validity of such methods)
Regardless of all the chems they're taking regularly,
IF they recently added Ritalin to their drug regiment,
AND IF they previously had tried their Ritalin-less urine already,
They can give the new Ritalin-containing urine a shot,
And if the plants begin to pup, it can be attributed to Ritalin (but still it will not be clear if Ritalin is able to induce pups alone, or if it only works when other meds are accompanying it)

As I already explained,
Last year (during summer) I fed them pure urine (aged for 1 week before using) about 7-8 times, every other week,
and I was pouring it over the plants' tips, and made sure all of their surface was covered with urine.
Not even a single pup...

This year I did the exact same thing,
the only difference being taking Ritalin (50mg/d), and applying urine only once so far (about 2 weeks ago).
And the first pup began to show after 1 week.

BTW
Last summer I was on 300mg/d bupropion, and also a brief period of 200mg/d (max) Ultracet (both legally prescribed by registered medical professionals)

Bupropion for ADD,
Ultracet for an injury
Ritalin for ADD

I also have a thing for HOT!!! chilly pepper sauce and garlic (was eating these in same amounts last summer as well)
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 11:02:58 PM by Radium »

Radium

But what I described isn't about methylphenidate itself.
Only 1% of methylphenidate reaches into urine unchanged.

The relation between the med and the pups can only be attributed to its human metabolite(s) and the med's other possible effects on my urine profile.

So giving the straight med to the plants is a totally different story.

===========================

BTW I'm afraid that the plants begin to shoot more than 2 pups, and become unable to pump nutrients to all of them.
Then I will be forced to trim extra pups against my will :(
Is it possible to root pups as small as 2cm?

===========================

All my plants were fed with the urine,
If I had one which wasn't, I would liked to evaporate the urine, and then redissolve the solid residue in water and feed it to it, and compare the result.
If it worked, I would attempted to prepare some urine powder, and offer it as a giveaway.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 11:46:43 PM by Radium »

Radium

A glimpse of some of these guys (photo was took 1 month ago).
But not all of them are present in the photo.

Note the burn marks on the Pedros, I did it using a hot knife (even sticking the knife completely across one of the ribs), to see if they get a deeper colour, and that worked!

I would like to try sticking the red hot knife deep into its spine all the way to the other side this time, and see if it can recover out of this too or not.

I also once cut the upper half of a Pedro using a red hot knife, the heat seals the wound instantly, and it began to shoot roots like normal.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2016, 12:03:06 AM by Radium »

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax
  • Trading Score: +191
  • We're all here because we're not all there.

This powerpoint could be useful in discussinhg ritalin metabolombics (there are over 415 metabolites of ritalin discovered in rats given the drug).

"Before I tell more, let me refer you to here for the chemical structure of methylphenidate and it's relationship with other drugs (it's not cousins with cocaine at all, but actually a meth sidekick sporting a mullet and wide-sleeved jeans):"

This presentation asserts that methylphenidate is indeed a cousin of cocaine in terms of psychoactive effects, as well as the fact that they both work throught the same mechanism of action; the main difference is that methylphenidate is often taken orally, whereas cocaine is usually snorted or smoked, which thus causes a more intense "rush" than when taken orally; the 3d structural representations show striking IRL structural similarities between both.

If you have the time, I would also highly suggest reading through this excellent document on the nature of cocaine as well as its analogues/derivatives, among which methylphenidate proved to be one of the most profitable analogues;  If you dig around, you'll see that ADD-family stims have similar effects, but are often derived from phenylethylamine structures; however, there are a few meds out there that are derived from cocaine another potent triuptake inhibitor. All in all, it's a good read and a treasure trove of info on cocaine, devived drugs, methylphenidate included.

This edition of the PDR states that a large portion of the drug is metabolised , the major metabolite being ritalinic acid (essentially one of the CYP450 enzymes cleaves the ester/ether (one of those two functional groups) into a carboxylic acid group, screwing up its BBB permeability.) Ritalinic acid is the major metabolite of methylphenidate and may just have potential as plant food, or as a way of acidifying basic soil to the optimal PH; what we should really be looking at is how ritalinic acid affects pup growth/formation on logs of trichs; considering Radium's positive results, it may be interesting to conduct experiments with this major metabolite to see if it could be used to promote faster pup generation/growth on trichs.

Also, For my final point: methylphenidate is a derivative of cocaine and has a very similar 3D shape,; in layman's terms, their mechanisms of action are almost the same; ritalin just lasts longer and has a higher oral  BA/ and lower abuse potential than its cousin cocaine. I am interested to see if psychostimulants, or at least psychostimulant metabolites, could be used to 'speed up' the rate of pupping...

Mods, if this post defies any rules, please delete it; I hope some of you find this info useful.

Selah.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 03:19:56 AM by Mangrove »
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.--Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

modern

• Trading Score: +199

Many chemicals have effects on plants. Melatonin shows some growth rate increase and increased resistance to stress if I remember reading the paper correctly. Estrogen appears to induce flowering in some plants, caffeine is a mutagen and the list goes on. I doubt the correlation of ritalin in the urine is the causation of the pups although not impossible... more controlled test is required such as distilled water with 1% ritalin content or amount that is close to urine content.

As for the pupping excess Nitrogen content seems to cause this as does age. The urine continues urea nitrogen; ratio of 11-1-2.5 NPK. Nitrogen (urea specifically) seems to aid in alkaloid production/accumulation from what I gathered so your on the right track.  ;)
Best time to sow is 5 years ago...

Radium

You're indeed right.
Cocain and MP look quite similar.
I hadn't look at it from the 3D bulk shape (and thus their receptor affinity and action)
Interesting, especially since they're chemically unrelated, one being a tropane alkaloid, while the other is a phenetylamine.

Radium

Just counted them:

14 pups on 11 moms so far

I love 'em!
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 02:06:31 PM by Radium »
Pages: [1] 2 3