Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Sally: "luna" strain  (Read 8086 times)

Roze

• Trading Score: +210
  • After winter, trees are relieved.
Sally: "luna" strain
« on: April 27, 2016, 11:27:19 AM »

Hello friends,

Theres a buzz about a sally clone named "Luna" , this clone because of his rarity is quite expensive.. Is this a real different strain or just a variation?

There are other strains that are not as well documented, such as the Luna strain (possibly Bunnell) isolated from a Hawaiian patch of Salvia divinorum clones, featuring unusually serrated and rounded rather than ovate leaves.

While searching about this strain , I  came across this info:

This is an unusual strain of Salvia divinorum. I have named it 'Luna.' I discovered it in 1994. It was growing in a patch of otherwise-normal plants of the 'Bunnell' strain at the Botanical Dimensions botanical garden in Hawaii. It is either a sport of the 'Bunnell' strain that sprung up from the root-crown of one of the surrounding plants, or it may have originated from a seed that fell from one of the surrounding plants. Considering that it is extremely rare for Salvia divinorum plants to produce viable seeds, it is most likely that this is actually a sport, quite likely a polyploid. This clone is distinct from all other strains that I know of. The leaf margin is unusually deeply serrated and the leaf is remarkably round, rather than the typical ovate shape.

There are two commonly cultivated strains which are known to be distinct. One is the strain that was collected in 1962 by ecologist and psychologist Sterling Bunnell (the Bunnell strain), colloquially mis-attributed as the Wasson-Hofmann strain. The other was collected from Huautla de Jiménez in 1991 by anthropologist Bret Blosser (the Blosser or Palatable strain)

Ps: Did you know that.. Salvia divinorum was the subject of the first use of YouTube within drug-behavioral research when scientists at San Diego State University rated randomly selected videos of salvia users to study observed impairment?  ???
Be weird.  Be random.   Be who you are.

Roze

Re: Sally: "luna" strain
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2016, 05:09:52 PM »

Luna exists!!  ;D

I just get a small specimen of this gem and decide to share some pics.

It´s decidedly different from the Wasson-Hofmann or Blosser  strain: round leaves and well serrated margins.

As soon they recover from the shipping damage, that´s why the yellow leaves (due to excessive moisture during transport ) I will share some cuttings with  you friends.. lets wait  ;)

modern

• Trading Score: +199
« Reply #2 on: June 11, 2016, 06:05:02 PM »

Nice job Roze. Hopefully it bounces back I've never had luck with sally.

http://www.botanicalspirit.com/salvia-divinorum-plants

botanicalspirit has a great reputation in the past however their website seems to be sold out on most things.

In case we want a US source so that clones don't struggle the overseas trip from Roze.

Maybe a co-op and send to Frog or someone else that has luck with sally. I personally suck with it and always end up killing it might try again. IDK if they will send to FL or not.
Best time to sow is 5 years ago...

plantlight

• pl -- for short
  • Trading Score: +73
  • Invisible Man in a Fluorescent Suit
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2016, 04:33:50 AM »

Luna exists!!  ;D
As soon they recover from the shipping damage, that´s why the yellow leaves (due to excessive moisture during transport ) I will share some cuttings with  you friends.. lets wait  ;)

How long were they in transit?  Also, good luck with recovery.
"Nature is the great visible engine of creativity, against which all other creative efforts are measured.” - T. McKenna

Roze

« Reply #4 on: June 15, 2016, 05:54:40 PM »

How long were they in transit?  Also, good luck with recovery.

Around 8 days inside a box, without soil, roots submerged in water all the time.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 02:11:37 PM by Roze »

Psylocke

• Curandero
  • Trading Score: +56
  • Howdy Y'all
« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2016, 12:44:26 AM »

Definitely looks different from the more common varieties. Very cool!
Undergoing the formality of being alive.

plantlight

• pl -- for short
  • Trading Score: +73
  • Invisible Man in a Fluorescent Suit
« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2016, 01:47:00 AM »

Around 8 days inside a box, without soil, roots submerged in water all the time.

Very yellow for only 8 days.  Are they recovering well?
"Nature is the great visible engine of creativity, against which all other creative efforts are measured.” - T. McKenna

Roze

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2016, 02:19:16 PM »

Air roots is always a good sign!  ;)
« Last Edit: June 18, 2016, 02:19:52 PM by Roze »