Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: No such thing as the "PC" or "pachanot"  (Read 11207 times)

Roze

• Trading Score: +210
  • After winter, trees are relieved.
No such thing as the "PC" or "pachanot"
« on: April 06, 2016, 07:54:01 PM »

I just cross with this text claiming that the "PC" story is a hoax created by Trout´s a few years ago:

http://www.sacredcactus.com/perfect_clones_of_sanpedro.htm

Not sure about all this this, as Im not a cacti expert, who´s right?

"What I got? Pachanoi? Pachanot? Pacha-nonsense?  Or am I suffering Pachanoia?
;D  ;D  ;D
Be weird.  Be random.   Be who you are.

modern

• Trading Score: +199
Re: No such thing as the "PC" or "pachanot"
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2016, 09:46:43 PM »

When you are selling fake Rolex you make the claim that fake Rolex do not exist just different quality.

That site is from the largest seller of PC clone on eBay. He also sells some 'peruvianus' that look IDENTICAL to cuzcoensis but he claims he has NEVER sold cuzco.

He does have some nice looking clones as he grows some from seed but most are just cuttings like his pachanoi. He does sell 'non-pc' pachanoi as a Peruvianus cv fastest and peruvianus x pachanoi hybrid.

Now on 'PC'; they are active just not as active as other clones. Labeling a cactus PC will soon be pointless due to so many hybrids being made with PC and offspring looking identical to that clone. PC is a popular clone in the US not so much elsewhere in the world. When people lose labels then ask for ID to have an idea how to label just say PC will not work out.
Best time to sow is 5 years ago...

Bach

• Chacruna whisperer
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +406
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2016, 10:14:21 PM »

That whole website reads like somebody with an axe to grind.

An anti-Trout manifesto? Facepalm...
Forget the night, live with us in forests of azure.

misplant

• Trading Score: +81
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2016, 04:25:33 AM »

He does have some nice looking clones as he grows some from seed

I'm curious modern, how does a person go about growing a clone from seed? :P  ;)

As for Verne growing from seed, I can only wonder what he will be selling them as of the 1100 hybrid seeds he bought from me in 2014.  ;)

this quote from verne's site says it all

All my life I used the expression "people are like sheep" but never appreciated what that meant until I had my own flock of sheep. Now I totally know why they say "people are like sheep. They follow each other in a blind manner.  Don't get me wrong, I like my sheep.

anybody who buys into his horse shit becomes another one of his sheep....
www.misplant.net

Life is short, Eat Dessert First

modern

• Trading Score: +199
« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2016, 09:00:19 PM »

Well... he grew some from seed which he now clones from. Does that sound better.
Best time to sow is 5 years ago...

Mangrove

• Li'l Lorax
  • Trading Score: +191
  • We're all here because we're not all there.
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2016, 10:16:55 PM »

Unless he can back it up with GC-MS, NMR, and/or HPLC data to confirm the presence of mescaline, as well as the average percentage of mescaline (and/or total alkaloid content) contained in his clones, I might just believe him... Otherwise I can't help but view this as an all-out desperate attempt to keep us sheeple in the dark about the BS he's pulling on all those poor misundereducated psycho-noobs out there.
« Last Edit: April 07, 2016, 10:18:22 PM by Mangrove »
Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not.--Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

oplopanax

• Trading Score: +139
« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2016, 01:26:15 AM »

I love my PC!

There is some light in there folks, just takes a bit more biomass which that clone sure makes a lot of!

I have a theory that they all produce the desired constituents at the same speed, just that the slow growing ones accumulate much more while the fast growing ones do not. The theory is disproven already bycuzcoensis, which grows like gangbusters for me but is a dud in terms of constituent profile.
No living organism should be illegal.

sporehead

• Trading Score: +85
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2016, 08:50:12 AM »

I imagine it would require massive vats of tea to even begin such a procedure. Couple that with multitudes of different specimens that have had different environmental factors attributing to the growth and health, and I imagine there would be so much conflicting and difficult data that it would lead the study askew. I don't wear a lab coat though, so maybe it's not that big of a deal. More to the the point I'm trying to illustrate is, has anyone done any all inclusive studies on this? I'd be curious to know, with these 'new and valid' revelations.

MadPlanter

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +929
  • Tye dyed spirit
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2016, 02:31:54 PM »

PC is perfectly good and as stated it only takes a bit more which their growth rate accounts for in due time. Idk why PC is given such a bad rap as any noob just wants something with any decent content. Its most certainly decent enough and you could take one six inch cut and within two years have enough for a workable go round. 4' of 2-3" diameter is a pretty solid go for sure! Sorry to teeter the edge of the rules...tried to word it less obviously. One should never follow my advice...haha!
Spreading love!

JMZ

• Trading Score: +149
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2016, 12:14:57 AM »

Alkaloid content or not, I still love my PC Pedro. It's a beautiful, rugged looking cactus that's not going to puncture me or my pets.
Kratom is my fountain of youth.

misplant

• Trading Score: +81
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2016, 06:57:05 PM »

On the plus side, pc is a far more prolific bloomer than any other columnar trich, which for me results in most awesome year round floral displays and as others have mentioned it is a very prolific grower. 

On the downside, stems can become massive 'hazardous objects' and come crashing down without any assistance from rain, wind or anything else other than their massive size & off vertical growth.  My tallest pc stem was 20' when it came crashing down, this one was only 10' with a 5" diameter and a lot of fresh new flower buds :(

www.misplant.net

Life is short, Eat Dessert First

Hummingbird

• Trading Score: 74
  • Got nectar?
« Reply #11 on: April 24, 2016, 02:51:39 PM »

I found good info on growing Trichs on that site before, but I don't like this bashing in such an aggressive manner. Makes me doubt the guys sincerity. And yeah, what's wrong with PC?  ;D
I guess people who order from smart shops and stuff would care, but I think most people growing them do it just because they like growing long spiny plants!

Solipsis

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2019, 12:50:53 AM »

Sorry to necromance this thread...

But i just realized some connection: PC is said to compensate for lack of potency by growth rate.
Now take a look at the PE variety of Psilocybe cubensis mushrooms which is more potent but grows slower.

It's something I have been suspecting for a much longer time: isn't there just a certain disparity in metabolism causing this? It would mean it can get much more complicated to calculate the efficiency potency of a variety of cactus or mushrooms because the growth rate would need to be discounted which is just like a sort of bloating in some cases: you can have accelerated growth rate but it won't speed up metabolism of alkaloids which may be related to much different factors than those that are normally considered.

emmymerri920

« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2019, 08:07:09 PM »

Cacti are definitely a newer avenue for me, but from my experience "PC" pachanoi does not disappoint! Then again, I stress mine quite a bit, so I wonder how much that affects it.