Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Coco Coir: Nature’s perfect growing media  (Read 12098 times)

plantlight

• pl -- for short
  • Trading Score: +73
  • Invisible Man in a Fluorescent Suit
Re: Coco Coir: Nature’s perfect growing media
« Reply #15 on: April 04, 2016, 05:17:59 AM »

Gonna look into it.  I'm basically using your general mix right now but with the coir and perlite quantities swapped and osmocote and worm castings for the nutes instead of plant tone. 
Cheers!
"Nature is the great visible engine of creativity, against which all other creative efforts are measured.” - T. McKenna

TBM

• The Botanical Madman
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +75
  • Onward to the new
« Reply #16 on: April 04, 2016, 05:25:12 AM »

Found the link.. But it links to a site focused around cannabis cultivation.  Is this OK to link too?  I have used this grow method for Tomatoes, Salvia, and Psychotria and it worked great.

I'm not sure what the other moderators think about posting links to cannabis websites for their non-cannabis info, iirc others have posted links to websites like that before but I can't remember the outcome. Do you think you're experienced enough with this method to type a thread for us explaining the ins and outs? That would make the link unnecessary.

Biotopia

• Trader
  • Trading Score: 13
« Reply #17 on: April 04, 2016, 05:44:05 AM »

Gonna look into it.  I'm basically using your general mix right now but with the coir and perlite quantities swapped and osmocote and worm castings for the nutes instead of plant tone. 
Cheers!

I use to use castings in the mix as well.  After I ran out though I didn't add them since actual earthworms were present in my compost and continued to live in the tubs I added them too.  They even reproduced and thrived as well.
"Only plants had consciousness. Animals got it from them." -D Pendell

Biotopia

• Trader
  • Trading Score: 13
« Reply #18 on: April 04, 2016, 05:53:08 AM »

I'm not sure what the other moderators think about posting links to cannabis websites for their non-cannabis info, iirc others have posted links to websites like that before but I can't remember the outcome. Do you think you're experienced enough with this method to type a thread for us explaining the ins and outs? That would make the link unnecessary.

We've pretty much outlined the process and given enough Google hints that the proactive forum reader can get the jist of what we are talking about.  By all means if anyone has any questions though just ask.

I plan on Daisy chaining one of these systems into an aquaponics system in the future and will make a full thread with pictures when I do.  My plan is to allow a high nutrient plant (tomato) to thrive in an aquaponics system with no additional feeding or watering.
"Only plants had consciousness. Animals got it from them." -D Pendell
Pages: 1 [2]