Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Wow this is interesting the new Tea or is that Cofftea?  (Read 5214 times)

FewTrueSeed

• Many Meiosis
  • Trading Score: +134
  • Fungophile
Re: Wow this is interesting the new Tea or is that Cofftea?
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2015, 02:03:39 PM »

Go figure huh. My coffee isn't big enough to take leaves yet.  :(
Never portray yourself to betray yourself, there is no I in self.

https://mycotek.org/index.php?members/fewtrueseed.1965/

mj

• Trading Score: +54
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2015, 10:40:58 PM »

just thought I would ask if anybody here is growing large quantities of Coffee and who might have a quantity of leaf they would part with? I would like to try some Coffee leaf tea and the prices for leaf that I have seen on line so far are silly. Send me a PM if you do and we can discuss. Best regards mj.

The Clam

• Trading Score: +20
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2016, 10:33:13 AM »

Oddly enough I just read this not to long ago but never got around to trying some, if anyone has tried it, im curious as to what it tastes like.

Greenwhale

« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2016, 06:37:15 AM »

Dang thats wild, I have praised the tea plants health benefits for years! I may have a new leaf to sing praises! But I'm also a tad skeptical that it really has more antioxidants, would love for more research and tests to be done!

Hummingbird

• Trading Score: 74
  • Got nectar?
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2017, 12:40:52 AM »

Overall antioxidant content doesn't mean much. Nor is it proven that more antioxidants in diet benefit health.
It's just what we mostly read about, since journalism has a big influence on public opinion.
That's why we think that dietary fat and cholesterol is bad for us ;D but it's another topic

The specific compounds are important, in this case Mangiferin content is mentioned as the main benefit of coffee leaf tea.
I searched it, it's a molecule also found in mango fruit. Here's what a study I found says:
"analgesic, antidiabetic, antisclerotic, atimicrobial and antiviral, cardio-, hepato-, and neuroprotective, antiinflammatory, antiallergic, MAO inhibiting and memory improving, as well as radioprotective against X-ray, gamma, and UV radiation" https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23190031

Apparently it has great effects, but the overall content and bioavalibility must be taken into account before considering coffee leaves a viable source.
This article doesn't say anything, really.

Also, catethins from green tea are thoroughly researched with to my knowledge unmatched effects, expect maybe for T.cacao.
Here's a great site for more info: https://examine.com/supplements/Green+Tea+Catechins/

Well, I would like to have both... Right now some yellow coffee seeds are germinating for that purpose, 70% rate so far
They should be more resilient than the "regular" ones.. Got them off ebay, I could PM source if someone's interested.

« Last Edit: January 07, 2017, 12:50:49 AM by Hummingbird »