Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Hawiian Orange Dictyophora  (Read 6812 times)

Sunshine

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +96
  • Hibernating
Hawiian Orange Dictyophora
« on: September 28, 2015, 03:51:36 AM »

Can anyone find a vendor who has spores of this species? synonyms: Bridal Veil Fungus, Crinoline Stinkhorn, Dictyophora indusiata, Long-net tinkhorn, Phallus indusiatus, Veiled Lady

Phallus duplicatus hawaiian orange variety

Supposedly can induce spontaneous orgasms in approx 1/3rd of women who smell it. Apparently the Hawiian Orange Dictyophora was used in the small study done with it.

Thanks!

According to a 2001 publication in the International Journal of Medicinal Mushrooms, the smell of the fresh fungus can trigger spontaneous orgasms in human females. In the trial involving 16 women, 6 had orgasms while smelling the fruit body, and the other ten, who received smaller doses, experienced physiological changes such as increased heart rate. All of the 20 men tested considered the smell disgusting. According to the authors, the results suggest that the hormone-like compounds present in the volatile portion of the gleba may have some similarity to human neurotransmitters released in females during sexual activity. The study used the species found in Hawaii, not the edible variety cultivated in China.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2015, 03:58:32 AM by Sunshine »

sporehead

• Trading Score: +85
Re: Hawiian Orange Dictyophora
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2015, 06:33:35 AM »

Very interesting. I know not where to get it. Maybe post on a mushroom cultivation forum? There must be some Hawaiian mycologists. Or check into the Florida culture library.

FewTrueSeed

• Many Meiosis
  • Trading Score: +134
  • Fungophile
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2015, 04:23:19 PM »

If you do get your hands on it, do you plan to cultivate it. No simple task. Very interesting.
Never portray yourself to betray yourself, there is no I in self.

https://mycotek.org/index.php?members/fewtrueseed.1965/

Sunshine

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +96
  • Hibernating
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2015, 09:09:57 PM »

If you do get your hands on it, do you plan to cultivate it. No simple task. Very interesting.

Of course I do. I also plan to do a *ahem* study of my own.  ;D

Wubbi

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2015, 02:12:15 AM »

Any updates on finding spores? I'd love to cultivate these little orange guys.