Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: how do i compensate someone's generosity?  (Read 5078 times)

Mr. seeds

• Trading Score: 13
  • JSK
how do i compensate someone's generosity?
« on: March 24, 2015, 02:35:54 AM »

alot of people are generous here and are willing to ship seeds and spores and cuttings to you for free or for a certain condition or fair trade. i wanted to ask what the karma thing is and i wanted to give feedback to the people who have already shipped things to me (still waiting) in order to improve their stats.

are there other ways to send a simple gesture of thanks, grattitude, and compensation? mostly i just wanted to figure out how the trade feedback and karma thing worked and if it's a worthy way of giving back to someone whose generous.
life is like a seed; sometimes in order to grow you have to be dropped in dirt, covered by darkness, and struggle for light. The answer is the light in the darkness...

happyconcacti

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +330
Re: how do i compensate someone's generosity?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2015, 03:05:54 AM »

Trading Feedback is explained here:
http://sharetheseeds.me/forum/index.php?topic=239.0

karma is a bit looser, you just click it and it bumps it up. It's typically used for quality posts as opposed to trading feedback.

Planning on giving to others in the future is gift enough for many of us. Pay it forward :) Another wonderful thing is to start a grow log so we can all watch your progress with things that have been sent to you.

;)

Hcc

gnosis

• Trading Score: +31
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2015, 03:06:41 AM »

Hello just say know,

Great question!  Usually what is done is send cash or money orders to the following address
and I will make sure they get it. 8)

360 Neverending Rd
Myuniverse, USA 12345

Mr. seeds

• JSK
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2015, 03:46:27 AM »

LOL gnosis XD that made me laugh
life is like a seed; sometimes in order to grow you have to be dropped in dirt, covered by darkness, and struggle for light. The answer is the light in the darkness...

BubbleCat

• Supreme feline leader
  • Administrator
  • Trading Score: +140
  • <3
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2015, 07:41:46 PM »

Grow logs make happy givers and contribute to our all knowledge :)
Praise is mandatory.

Mr. seeds

• JSK
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2015, 10:47:03 PM »

am i supposed to give more points if someone sends multiple items? also i can't find sent messages/items so i don't know what i requested from whom??? i'll probably just PM each person and ask them what they sent.

Frog Pajamas

• Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +576
  • Zone 7A
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2015, 11:17:13 PM »

Hi jsk,

Leavinng trading feedback is kind of subjective.

It has to be on a 1 to 5 point scale per trade, but within that there is some wiggle room.  I think most members leave extra points for multiple items, especially if ts a bunch of stuff, but everyone does it a little differently. We have someone who leave +5 every time, and others who rarely do. Whatever you do will be fine as long as you take the time to leave something.

As for sent messages, that can be fixed. The default setting doesn't save sent items, but you can follow the instructions in this thread to change it.

Hope that helps.  :)

Mr. seeds

• JSK
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2015, 08:26:14 PM »

thanks! still adjusting to the website a little :)