Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Celastrus paniculatus  (Read 3900 times)

Turk0lok0

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +18
Celastrus paniculatus
« on: January 03, 2015, 01:17:39 AM »

as I have not seen any topic on, then I will be giving birth to a cause I'm trying to germinate this species in my home, I'm in the testing phase still do one week I put in ground seeds, after being soaked in GA3 at concentration of 350mg/L for 36 hours, but found a text that says about the cold stratification for 3 months. someone with experience to help me?

Turk0lok0

• Trader
Re: Celastrus paniculatus
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2016, 06:16:51 PM »

Hello folks, after a big time and some tests i finally get 2 seedlings of celastrus by using GA3 350mg/L about 36hours, they germinated after 2 months in a mixture with river sand+ top soil+coconut fiber+ humus(2:1:2:2) inside a cutted plastic bottle, but i dont know if they are of the same sex or no, cause i was reading some texts what they saying must have a male and female flowers to produce seeds, someone can help me?

Bellow there are some photos of my seedlings
« Last Edit: January 01, 2017, 02:57:57 AM by Turk0lok0 »

GrowerAndaShower

• Trading Score: +31
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2017, 10:01:46 PM »

This is one I want in my collection as well, I've got seeds but looks like I need some GA3... Any tips in particular?
Back with a vengeance! And TITS!

Leopardgecko44

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +21
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 11:47:29 AM »

Anything similar to GA3? Also what type of soil did you plant them in? I got a bunch of celastrus seeds to be planted but what to do if you don't have any GA3?

rakeandbake

• TF Mod
  • Trading Score: +181
  • In the moment.....
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2017, 02:54:07 AM »

Is the GA3 required? I have some planted as well and not much has happened other than i noticed some non plant growth on the one seed that was visible through the soil. I wonder if the mold will assist in dissolving the seed coat like in Voacanga africana.  ;)
Everyone carries a piece of the puzzle. Nobody comes into your life by mere coincidence. Trust your instincts. Do the unexpected. Find the others.
~Timothy Leary~

Turk0lok0

• Trader
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2017, 02:40:23 AM »

Hello folks, sorry about my delay! All of the time that i don´t use GA3 i hadn't sucess, i read about and found that oils in the seeds have the action like germination inhibitor, the GA3 break this, i found other text that using alcohol 40%(vodka) to extract the oils, i tried with hexane too but i had no germination, the germination occurred only with GA3 in that concentration( i used the precision balance of my chemistry class to weight the proportion, cause i make only 100ml of solution), because lower concentration don´t have much results like higher of 350 mg/L, both decreased the germination rate.