Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Rootone and cutting in water?  (Read 3171 times)

SoulGrower

• Trading Score: +151
Rootone and cutting in water?
« on: August 06, 2014, 09:35:35 PM »

I don't have a lot of experience rooting cuttings.. more often than not, I stick a cutting in a cup of water and that's the extent of my expertise  ;D

I've tried rootone a few times with varying success.. usually hardwood cutting, strip half inch of bark off, dip in rootone, put in soil, put in humidity.  This method hasn't overwhelmed me with success so I usually don't go through the effort.

I'm wondering though... when I try to root a plant the easy way (in a cup of water), if adding rootone would help?  Or if it would hurt?  or maybe it's negligible  ???

Thinking about it cause I have rootone just laying around unused.. maybe I'll try a gel in the future bc I've seen many here use it successfully
« Last Edit: August 07, 2014, 01:43:19 AM by SoulGrower »
You don't have a soul
You are a soul
You have a body
C.S Lewis

Roze

• Trading Score: +210
  • After winter, trees are relieved.
Re: Rootone and cutting in water?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2014, 02:01:18 AM »

I´ve  tried  rootone a couple of times and in my opinion is not worth it, I'm happy with the water method too ;)

Changing the water every day is the key to success with rooting in water. It keeps the water free from bacteria that can cause stems to rot. I notice that with rain water I got much better results when comes to rooting my cuttings.

But  if you have some spare rootone and use it on the water  it will  help root development almost certainly!  :)
Be weird.  Be random.   Be who you are.