Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: how to get branches and flowers from a cutting  (Read 2251 times)

psykinetic

• Trading Score: +2
  • love and light to all
how to get branches and flowers from a cutting
« on: June 25, 2014, 02:21:39 AM »

Hellow wonderful STS Family, i have a beautiful Kieri Kieli (cup of gold datura) cutting that i got about 6months ago. Now when i recieved her i was shocked(i was expecting a green leafy cutting) she was a little dry twig. The seller promised me that with light misting and indirect sunlight she would do fine and he wasnt lieing. The plant is now full of georgious green leaves,they are sprouting from every little node and cut branch. I have a feeling though,that it will just continue like this. No new branches or flowers have popped out anywhere. Im admittedly a newbie and altho i have some gardening experience i have never had any kind of cutting befor. If anyone knows a trick to encourage branch and flower growth please let me know, if we get her to flower i will gladly send the helper some dryed ones! Much love to all
Your apprentice shamin/botanist
psykinetic
P.S. I included a befor and after picture and a pic of her usual spot in the winow garden
"Ride the Spiral to the End...We May Just Go Were No Ones Been"

Greentoe

• Trading Score: +238
Re: how to get branches and flowers from a cutting
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2014, 03:38:12 AM »

It looks like it's doing good. The plant still looks too small to flower. I'd let it grow some more then top the plant to try to get it to branch out.

psykinetic

• Trading Score: +2
  • love and light to all
Re: how to get branches and flowers from a cutting
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2014, 04:24:12 AM »

Hey hey Greentoe old buddy! You are absolutely right, i did some more research after posting and got a late reply from the seller. He propagates quite a bit from cuttings and he said just let it grow wild and stems and branches as well as flowers will eventualy come. Ill post a better pick on saturday(by then it should be twice the size as the pick i posted yesterday(pick was already 2weeks old but i was having wifi troubble so coudnt upload a new one).
Thanks so much for taking the time to answer and help out a newbie. I hope all is well in your garden and world
Light and love my friend
"Ride the Spiral to the End...We May Just Go Were No Ones Been"