Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Lophophora williamsii: Compiled Threads from STS  (Read 8242 times)

happyconcacti

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +330
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 08:23:13 PM by happyconcafe »

Mandrake

• Administrator
  • Trading Score: +13
Re: Lophophora williamsii: Compiled Threads from STS
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2013, 07:34:37 PM »

Many thanks for this!

I had thought a few times it would eventually come in very handy to have compilations like the one you made, at least for the most loved species.

Stickied :)

Mandrake

New Wisdom

• Professional Cactus Hoarder
  • Global Moderator
  • Trading Score: +223
  • Zone 6B
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2013, 03:20:08 AM »

Wow, Amazing job dude! Super stoked about this. 

Thanks!  +1

New Wisdom
Cactus = Life

chamomeleon

• Trading Score: +31
  • I have a fever...... and the only cure is more cacti
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2015, 08:23:01 PM »

:o  This is exactly what I've been looking for.  I hope someday I will able to put the info to good use!
There was a young lass from Madras
Who had a magnificent ass
It was not round and pink
as you might think
But had ears and a tail, and ate grass.

steveoi812

• Trading Score: +13
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 01:31:16 AM »

so much awesome information to go through! Thanks for compiling all of these HCC....I have a LOT of reading to do! I cant wait until Im blessed to care for one of these old men of the desert someday. I am going to grow graft and pup so many of them and send them far and wide for everyone to enjoy! I could never in a million years eat one. Not even an option. = )

One of these days!!  = ) until then...read read read

berserkerofoden

• Looking to expand my garden and make friends
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2017, 03:34:32 AM »

Magiccactus.com seems to be pretty decent for advice on L.Williamsii
The giant in front of us is not as big as the gods within us

AlaskanKingCrab

• Trader
  • Trading Score: +19
  • chilihead. Hippie. Shaman.
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2018, 08:34:32 PM »

@happyconcacti

This is an amazing resource. You can bet your ass I'll be squatting at my local library reading everything I can on all those links. Thank you so much!
Peace and Love, With a Little Bit of Sin.

EVENEVE

« Reply #7 on: March 06, 2019, 09:59:29 AM »

hi..wowww.....these are amazing im so grateful for everyones contributions.... and insight....i collect plants but this ones been illusive....ive been involved in tonnes of Australian native studies and have done extensive cultivar evaluation and propagation technique investigations and a few commercial runs on mass propagation for intensive cropping, with things like Lemon Myrtle.....i would love to know where i could get some cuttings and seeds and plants for my collections, i wonder if they would like my hothouses and hydroponic mediums ? has anyone had experience with this....? if anyone has id love to chat and swap ideas and pics and references and plants.... and hope to turn any materials i receive into maximum plants to grow out for propagation and share among the community where they should be, shared...loved...respected and kept alive along with their traditions and lore......, im always grateful of guidance on ferti plans and care....also history and stories regarding tradition and use and representations and artefacts relating to the cultural significance of species and beliefs and applications, .......i love piecing together and correlating information always hoping to see new connections and breakthroughs, and cross cultural barriers using universal symbolism and multiple translations in different languages, i am so interested in finding puzzle pieces and pulling together the bigger picture.... so if youve got anything you might want to contribute email me or start a thread.... im very interested in creating some stable hybrids and new colours or collecting variations of these beautiful plants, if anyone has seed or cuttings or plants for swap or sale i would love to chat, also pics and info on your experiences and successes and failures, i love sharing knowledge and experience it saves alot of time, ive got such amazing variations in growth and structure within packs of seed ive bought from the internet and grown myself, and even little environmental and fertilisation alterations are big factors when it comes to this prolific and diverse species..... i love the colour variations and the cultural applications and artistic and historical records referring to its uses and history, truely are amazing me daily!!!!.... i see and hear new things from new areas all the time........ im currently working on collaborating all my finds with adequate references and links soon in a page from my group, for everyone to enjoy.....so if you have any interesting facts and stories id love to hear them........,xxxxx Catara....